Saturday, June 25, 2011

PENGUIN #7 The Great Gatsby

Adopted by Dana in Pennsylvania

This postcard got quite a bit of wear and tear in the post system. You can see where the color was scraped off on the bottom left!

Dana wrote that she read The Great Gatsby in high school and hated it, but read it again in college for a 1920s class and loved it.

I was somehow never forced to read it in school. So perhaps that's why I loved it right away when I read it.
For a long time my favorite quote was from the Great Gatsby. I still love it:

“Her face, above a spotted dress of dark blue crêpe-de-chine, contained no facet or gleam of beauty, but there was an immediately perceptible vitality about her as if the nerves of her body were continually smouldering.”

I've seen many beautiful pictures of Gatsby themed picnics and parties. I would love to dress up that way and party! Here are some great photos from Vixen Vintage.

                                                                       Thanks so much for participating Dana!

No comments:

Post a Comment