Wednesday, July 27, 2011

PENGUIN #10 My Man Jeeves

Adopted by Ksenia in Ukraine

Here is My Man Jeeves returned back to me, posing with one of my books!

Ksenia said "after I set my eyes on the first paragraph of Jeeves and Wooster I knew it was going to be a long term relationship."

She also comments that she is lucky to be able to read his works in English and that half the charm gets lost in translation.

Ksenia and I have both seen some of the wonderful "Jeeves and Wooster" tv show, starring Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.

My boyfriend and I read books aloud together and we just finished the book you see shown last week.  It was a lot of fun.  Now we have moved on to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

Thanks Ksenia!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Emilie!
    I've just discovered your blog, and I love it, and especially your project: "Adopt Penguin Books Postcards". I've added the link to my blog
    (http://mailadventures.blogspot.com).

    I thought I'm a "great" reader. But, alas, I haven't read yet any of the non-adopted books... So I can't participate so far! Anyway, it's a super idea!

    ReplyDelete