Friday, August 5, 2011

"Earthscapes: Natural" 2012 Stamp Preview





Like many other mail enthusiasts I have been following the release of the 2012 stamps at Beyond the Perf. I am extremely excited about the above stamps, much to the amusement of some of my school colleagues on facebook. 
Why am I so excited?
Because the last of these stamps, the "Inland Marsh" is from the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.  Not only have I been to Blackwater Refuge, but I grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and it is one of the most special places in the world to me!       Home.
(I am coming to dearly love Boston too.)
So I am just so excited to have my beloved Eastern Shore being featured on a stamp!

And of course the other designs are lovely too. I really loved this series even before I read the details about where the Inland Marsh stamp was from. I assumed it would be from the Everglades or someplace more famous than my home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi... just stopping by after I found you on the swap-bot facebook page! My swap-bot id is jrofo!

    ReplyDelete