Saturday, May 26, 2012

Marijane is a Graduation Girl

So my boyfriend's mom also just recently graduated with her Masters degree.  In their family the Junie B. Jones books are really big and there's one called Junie B. Jones is a Graduation Girl.  So Clay and his sister, Dana, wrote a Marijane is a Graduation Girl book! They did such an amazing job of mimicking the style and it is so damn hilarious.

I helped out by doing two illustrations for the book.  The  major plot point is that Marijane burns her graduation gown while ironing it. So here's that one:



And then I did one of Marijane:
 


Pencil and then watercolors.


Right now I just have my kids watercolor set, but I really don't mind. I have two easels at my parents house with oil paints and some nicer watercolors, but it always takes time to set up and feels so serious that it's more intimidating.  With these I just do stuff, and if it turns out nice it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment