Friday, February 11, 2011

Swap-Bot Swap: Redwall, Brian Jacques Handmade Postcard


Brian Jacques, author of the Redwall books, passed away this month.  I love his books and I've created a swap on Swap-Bot to celebrate his work.  

The swap:
Send 1 handmade postcard to 1 partner.
You can draw, paint, collage, sew, add quotes, whatever! Just make sure that it is based around the Redwall books.

You can set up an account with Swap-Bot for free if you are not already a member.  

 Some of the things I loved about his books: 
the lavish feasts
the riddles
the animals' accents, wot wot

 Riddle Song
If string cannot sing then answer this riddle,
What sings as sweet as the strings of a fiddle,
The fiddlestring sings, but it never can throw,
An arrow so far as the string of a bow,
But a bow plays a fiddle and I'll marry thee,
If you give a bright bow of ribbon to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment