Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hula Hooper Extraordinaire


This is going out to one of my best friends, Abby.  She's a crazy amazing good hula-hooper. I can barely keep those things up off the ground.  She has made her own hula hoop because most of the ones sold are child-size.  Right now she's hanging out in Slab City, which is a really bizarre place.  It doesn't have any government services. She has to go to a nearby town to pick up her mail.  This is the second place she's been where the address is just "General Delivery" and then the town's name. She's the kind of person who likes to wander.
I think it would be too hot and dusty/sandy there for me, and I know I would miss having a nearby post office!

Here's a video of her dancing in Slab City.
And here's an amazing photo of a pick-up in Slab City. 
Who know's... maybe my friend has ridden in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment