Monday, October 3, 2011

Idea for sheets of stationery

I've read several blogs this year with people bemoaning the scarcity of sheets of stationery paper.  Notecards are definitely plentiful, but I agree it has been harder to find stationery sheets.

Well, I've discovered a way to get lots of sheets of decorated stationery for a real bargain!

Just buy a journal with decorated pages!
There are lots of nice journals with decorated pages that cost only about 10 to 15 dollars.  For this amount of money you get so much paper!
Journals that are bound with rings or have perforations on their pages are the best for this, but if you have an exacto knife, you can easily cut down the side of the page for journals that are more sturdily bound.

I started out doing this with a journal that I had started and then abandoned. It had pretty blue peacocks on the paper.  I didn't want to waste it, so I put it to use!

This is the first journal I've bought specifically for the purpose of using it as stationery:


 

I found a couple of journals on line, but the best way to find a good one is to go to your bookstore, because lots of online stores don't show the inside pages of journals. Stupid, I know.

Of course, they don't come with envelopes, but I use them mostly for when I'm writing on a notecard and run out of space. And of course you can always make your own envelopes or buy a cheap pack to decorate!


4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I've to look at some journals next time I'm out and see what I can find! I use a lot of decorated computer paper now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that too! I love the pattern on that paper - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome idea!! I will now be on the hunt for some good journals. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea, there are so many cute notebooks out there. $2 or cheap shops are good for picking up notebooks too.

    ReplyDelete