Wednesday, October 5, 2011

US Fuggle

In a recent letter to my friend David I included this empty, but still scent-ful packet of hop pellets that went into the last batch of my boyfriend's beer.
Have you ever smelled hops? It's a very interesting aroma.


And as stationery, I used part of a beer 4 pack container of one of my favorite beers!!
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. 
DELICIOUS!!

And I'm happy to announce that I just purchased a kit for making my own batch of Imperial Stout!
It will take 4 months to brew it.

The description from Northern Brewer:
"A strong, pitch black beer with tan head, resounding with burnt, bitter chocolate character, hops, syrupy malt, and a warming alcohol note. A nice companion on a cold winter night or accompanying chocolate dessert."


I can't wait!!

By the way, this letter was sent in the last purple envelope from the last post.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I love Imperial Russian Stout--it's definitely my favorite version of stout. And I've definitely smelled hops--my husband and I love to brew IPA with lots of piney and citrus-y hops!

    I found you through Blogtoberfest, and I just had to say hi to a fellow homebrewer. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete