Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I Sent on Day 2 (really 3)

Okay, so for Feb. 2nd I did write a couple letters but only sent them out the day after. After reading the rules/guidelines for lettermo I find this acceptable. People who do not have home mail pick up are allowed to write everyday and mail at least once a week. I am definitely mailing more days than that.

I normally do not post the mail I send on my blog right away because I don't want to ruin the surprise, but for lettermo I'm going to post the mail but hide the recipient's name and address so no one knows who's getting what. That way at least there will be some surprise.

Here goes! 


As you can see, I am having a lot of fun with Valentines.  The postcard is one that I made and had printed. I have many of them left and I'm ostensibly selling them on Etsy but no one has bought one from there. Last year my mom and some friends bought some personally. I'm fine with being an Etsy failure, at least for now. Maybe someday I'll really apply myself to it.
I LOVE the new apple postcard stamps!! Also, I found this rubber stamp in my stash. I have so much I really don't know what I have! Many of my rubber stamps were given to me in a large box by a family friend.  Anyway I thought that this stamp was very cute and perfect for Valentine's Day. I also like the fact that both of the hands look rather masculine.  In case you didn't know, I support gay marriage and I'm extremely proud that my home state of Maryland has legalized it.  Love is for everyone.
Didn't completely obliterate the name here because I'm pretty certain that my cousin Katie doesn't read my blog.

An international piece of mail! Woopee! Okay so I have a question here. Does anyone know when it is appropriate to use an AIRMAIL sticker?  I don't want to put them on things willy-nilly because I'm concerned that I will be charged more and the letter will come back postage due.  So now I only put them on international mail because I figure that it's pretty safe. I love the way they look though and would love to decorate more with them.


Okay, so I took away the name from this one... but I'm pretty sure that a certain someone will know it's for them when they see the back...

The envelope for this piece of mail is a partially see through goodie bag/candy bag that you would give as a favor. I love them and think they make great envelopes. I think I got a bag of 50 for pretty cheap too.  I do tape everything down for these though. I don't trust my glue stick on them.


2 comments:

  1. Hey...
    I like that last one!! :p

    Also, I have always been curious about the appropriate use of an air mail label. I see them quite often on domestic mail and it doesn't seem to make a difference on postage costs? I have no idea. I don't even know how to get US air mail labels :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I need some of those chocolate postcards, stat! Your etsy store is EMPTY!!

    ReplyDelete