Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chicago LWA Halloween MailArt Workshop

This past weekend I was up in Chicago and I went to the Halloween mail art workshop that Donovan hosted at Greer.  It was AWESOME!
There were 5 of us there including Donovan. I just had the greatest time. Here's what the 5 of us had made at the end of the two hours: 

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I'm so glad that I had this as an impetus to start making more at home! 


The Frankenstein's monster heads that you see in the photos are actually from napkins. I didn't use one while I was at the workshop, but I took one home to experiment with.  I tried one yesterday and it came out kind of wrinkled and I was nervous that it would rip, so I covered that piece of mail with packing tape. Maybe next time I will try a different glue stick.


At the workshop I also used glue tape for the first time.  Donovan recommended its use for heavier cardstock or thick things (not the napkin).  It looked a lot like the roll on white-out tape in the way that it was packaged. I think I am going to buy some for myself, because I really liked it. Here is a link to the Staples brand.  


More photos soon of the envelopes I made at home and at the workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment