Saturday, April 12, 2014

NM mail

I sent out a lot of postcards but I only sent out one actual letter from New Mexico.
I used some pieces of a menu from Albuquerque to give it a New Mexico flavor.
 
Anybody else loving this Jimi Hendrix stamp?
 
We went to both the aquarium and the botanic gardens. The gardens were really wonderful. They had a lot of desert plants which I'd never seen before... Ones that lived in New Mexico and elsewhere.

Clay and I shared the posole. It's so delicious! I was concerned about the food in New Mexico because I don't like beans or ground beef and I don't like very spicy things either. But then I went and loved everything, even a soup Clay's grandmother made with beans AND ground beef in it!

2 comments:

  1. I bought a queenly sum of postage stamps on my last postage run but will not buy that Hendrix stamp. It looks nothing like him. Looks more like Lionel Richie. :)

    Love leads us to expand our palate, yes? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad also thinks they didn't really capture him. It's nice to see you back blogging Limner!

    ReplyDelete