Thursday, June 12, 2014

A New York Minute

I took a trip to New York for 2 days to see my brother and his growing family. It went by so fast, I wish I could have stayed longer.


My sister-in-law, LaTonya is expecting and the baby should be coming any minute now, so we didn't stray too far from home. We took a trip to the Promenade (above), walked around their neighborhood, and went out to eat a few times.

 

Their neighborhood is absolutely gorgeous. Lots of lovely old buildings with little gardens out front. Although I'm not a city person, I'm sure I could be happy living here:


I stayed at an air b'n'b just a couple blocks away from their building and had my first cappuccinos there! They had an espresso machine and they showed me how to use it, steaming the milk and everything.


I had been hoping that the baby would arrive while I was there, but babies come in their own time. LaTonya is definitely ready! In any case I'll meet him in a little more than a month when I'm back on the East Coast!

Normally I don't post personal photos on my blog, but my sister-in-law has her own fashion/lifestyle blog  (http://www.latonyayvette.com/) where she has lots of pictures of her and her family.

She's also started her own business, Welkin NYC, a fashion line for children inspired by the urban life in New York. A lot of the pieces are gender neutral so that they can be passed down to the next child whether it is a boy or girl. I love that idea! My niece, River, models a lot of the clothing and I know I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure she's the cutest little girl ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment