Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cotty & "Homemade" Magnets

This is me holding Cotton (very awkwardly) many years ago.

 
I mentioned Cotty in these posts as well:
He was such a sweet cat.
He passed away in 2009 at the ripe old age of 19. 
As you can see, he had been with me for most of my life.
 
I made the four magnets holding up the picture from buttons I received or bought. I had the Letter Writers Alliance button on my purse for a long time, but the pin part finally became damaged, so I turned it into a magnet like the others. I added a little piece of ribbon to the Swap-Bot magnet. 
 
The process is very easy with most cheaply made buttons. Just remove the pin at the back and superglue the button onto a small round magnet. I think I bought my magnets at our local hardware store. The LWA pin was better made than the others and required more effort to remove the pin, but the others were very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment