Tuesday, August 20, 2019

August life

I went to see Lucinda Williams!! She is doing a 25 year anniversary tour for her album Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. It was so so good. She played the whole album through, and then played a set of other songs. In between songs she talked about writing them or about the people that they were about. It was really cool to hear all that. I learned that one of my favorite songs, "2 Kool 2 Be 4-gotten" was inspired by a photograph of some graffiti, and now the spelling of the title makes a lot more sense. haha

I've been sending a significant amount of mail recently. Having fun matching stamps with airmail envelopes.


I ran down my stationery supply to my last 5 notecards! And the last ones were my cutest ones, Mary Engelbreit, and bunnies gardening, dressed up in cute outfits. These are the types of cards that I hang onto longest because I'm such a sucker for them that I don't want to let them go. 


Of course, I couldn't stand not having a bunch of notecards for long. I used some of my storecredit at our used bookstore to buy two packs of art notecards, Monet and someone I'd never heard of before and can't remember their name now. Woops. Turning books I don't want anymore into notecards is the best kind of magic.

Currently reading Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell. I'm all bundled up in this picture because I frequently disagree with someone about the thermostat in our house! ;)

My exciting news: I signed up for a watercolor class at the community center! I can't wait! It starts in September and I have to see if the supplies I already own match the list for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment