Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Summertime happenings

Petunias doing well on our patio. 


Volunteer morning glories from last year! Being eaten up by something.


Hubble loves biting and herding this ball. He pushes it around with his nose.

This sign at the pool is like a bad pick up line.

Visited my family in Maryland for a memorial for my grandfather who passed away earlier this year. Spent time with my grandmother and looked through old photos. My grandmother looks so glamorous even in this simple outfit. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina, wearing that little black outfit.

I saw this on the wall in a crab house in Princess Anne-- the disappearance of Holland Island! Soooo creepy!


Went to Assateague with a couple friends and had just the best beach day ever. Not too hot, perfect easy waves, saw so many ponies. We walked on the beach, we swam, we waded, we sat in the shade of our umbrella and caught up. I showed them how to catch sand crabs. We saw piping plovers, brown pelicans and seagulls, seagulls, seagulls. I love this place so much.


We couldn't rinse off when we left the beach because they were drinking at the spigot!!

Here's a sketch my grandmother did many years ago for a poster for the Chincoteague Pony Penning.

But it's good to be home after time away, sleeping in my own bed, snuggling Hubble again, going back to work so I can bring in that moolah!

No comments:

Post a Comment